Goodwin College is an innovative learning community that empowers hard-working students to become sought-after employees. We tailor our programs to address the needs of employers, and we shape them to fit the lives of students. Classes are conveniently offered year-round — days, evenings, weekends, and online. Degrees may be flexibly layered across certificate, associate, and bachelor's programs in a variety of in-demand fields. Better still, we surround our students with the personal support and the professional guidance they need — not just to earn degrees, but to change lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. Goodwin College is a nonprofit institution of higher education and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education. Goodwin College was founded in 1999, with the goal of serving a diverse student population with career-focused degree programs that lead to strong employment outcomes.
The mission of Goodwin College is to educate a diverse student population in a dynamic environment that aligns education, commerce, and community. Our innovative programs of study prepare students for professional careers while promoting lifelong learning and civic responsibility. As a nurturing college community, we challenge students, faculty, staff, and administration to fully realize their highest academic, professional and personal potential.
- To create a dynamic educational environment that prepares for and advances students in professional careers while developing an appreciation for the humanities, arts, and sciences.
- To educate students in an environment that celebrates diverse cultures, ages, experiences, and opinions.
- To refine methods that support and retain undergraduate and graduate students.
- To adapt our programs to the changing needs of our student body, the workforce, and society.
- To enrich our local and global communities by forming and sustaining collaborative relationships that create educational, economic and cultural benefits.
- To assist our graduates with identifying and securing professional opportunities.
- To provide students with frameworks for making ethical decisions and conducting themselves with professional integrity.
At Goodwin College, we believe that every student who graduates should possess certain abilities regardless of their academic program. We call these core abilities Institutional Outcomes. Upon graduation, Goodwin College students will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in their chosen field of study.
- Possess effective communication and analytical skills.
- Acquire the desire and skills necessary to engage in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate civic responsibility.
Core Values (adopted 2012)
Goodwin College’s Core Values are its deeply held beliefs that represent the College’s highest priorities and fundamental driving forces. They define our passion for what we do and how we choose to resonate with an appeal to students, employees and the greater Goodwin community.
Who We Are
We believe everyone should have access to a quality education. We believe that you should have the chance to succeed, no matter where you’ve been or where you plan to go. Maybe you didn’t find success at another college, or you just didn’t think you had the time, money, or support to see college through. Goodwin is here to turn it around for you. Start your future today at Goodwin.