Our Vision & Mission
To be a world-class market-driven university of excellence for the good of society. Pioneer International University is a market-driven university in a class of its own dedicated to educating socially responsible citizens for active and dedicated lives as high caliber and competent leaders in their professions and their communities. PIU’s student-centered faculty and staff inspire academically qualified students from diverse backgrounds and all ages to benefit from rigorous higher education and professional development opportunities in the dynamic global environment. Deeply rooted in practical scholarship and principles of social justice expressed as ethical awareness, leadership development, economic progress and civic engagement, Pioneer International University encourages community partnerships and prepare its diverse graduates for responsible citizenship in a global society.
PIU directs its diverse resources on advancement of knowledge through cutting-edge research and innovation, melding its rich experiences into holistic educative processes that expand horizons, produce high caliber leaders, nurture creativity and meet the needs and ambitions of a culturally and internationally diverse range of stakeholders. PIU fosters and supports a visible network of action-oriented learning experiences for students and alumni supported by cutting-edge research and innovation as part of its mission to meeting the needs and ambitions of a diverse range of stakeholders. It is also a vibrant learning community linking the academic and service resources through the effective use of personnel, facilities and state-of-the-art technology. PIU earns international recognition for its distinctive global focus and its dynamic, highly innovative curricula in the business, electronic/engineering and medical fields. PIU continues attracting, developing, and retaining highly qualified creative and responsible lecturers and professionals from diverse backgrounds who will be charged with making a significant difference in the lives of their students and the community in which they live.
Pioneer International University Aspirations
Inspired by the desire to serve society through education, PIU declares its purpose to be the education of the whole person. The University is thus dedicated to:
- The preparation of students to assume leadership roles in society through an education that expands horizons nurtures creativity, stresses moral and spiritual as well as intellectual and aesthetic values.
- An uncompromising standard of academic excellence and an unwavering commitment to academic freedom, freedom of inquiry, and freedom of expression in the search for truth.
- Rigorous and imaginative scholarship; excellent teaching in and out of the classroom; and educational programs designed to provide breadth and depth, to encourage the integration of different forms of knowledge, and to stimulate not only the acquisition but also the creative and responsible use of knowledge.
We hold ourselves responsible for living out these core values, which are critical for carrying out our mission in pursuit of our vision:
- Academic excellence and impact – eminence in teaching and research scholarship that changes life and deepen understanding. Creativity and innovation will be the hallmarks of our efforts.
- Individual development - since each person is unique and full of promise for intellectual and personal growth, we foster individual success and self-determination and believe that education of the whole person builds character, promotes active involvement in the world and produces better citizens.
- Ethical community – recognizes the dignity of each member and treats everyone with respect. Our actions are guided by fairness, honesty, and integrity.
- Inclusiveness - fostering diversity and providing access to educational and socio-economic opportunities for all regardless of individual backgrounds.
- Innovation – encouraging ingenuity, creativity, and discovery.
- Collaboration - the advancement of society by building partnerships with students, alumni, business and industry, government bodies, accrediting agencies and the communities the university serves.
- Teamwork – working together towards a common goal.
- Communication – sharing information openly and in a timely manner.
- Leadership - we value leadership built on trust, integrity, and civility.
- Opportunity - with a focus on developing career skills and knowledge, we provide an opportunity for civic engagement, leadership development, advancement, and success.
- Critical thinking – we teach and encourage our students to develop analytical and decision-making skills so that they are able to formulate and solve problems and come up with a way forward.
Why Pioneer International University
- Highly qualified and dedicated lecturers.
- Affordable fees, payable in installments.
- Educational loans available from Higher Education Loans Board and in partnership with Equity Bank.
- A well-equipped library, inclusive of digital/online resources.
- State of the art computer labs and ICT facilities.
- 24-hour fast Internet access, ideal for research work.
- Hotspots - Internet access over wireless LAN.
- Hands-on research experience - student research emphasized from the very first year of the graduate program
- Social problem orientation - we recognize that scholars have a responsibility to produce research that addresses current issues and attempts to explain or resolve social problems.
- Vibrant intellectual culture - respective departments are part of a larger thriving university culture, equipped with extraordinary resources and composed of vibrant and creative intellectuals.
- Credit transfers/ exemptions given to diploma holders in relevant fields.
- Flexible scheduling of courses - day, evening and weekend settings ensures opportunities for other activities are not lost.
- Mentoring Matters - faculty are deeply committed to mentoring students.
- Personalized professional development - students have the opportunity to develop their professional skills through the Certificate in Industrial Studies (CIS) programme offered to all undergraduates and through the unique Industrial Placement (IP) programme. These offer students the opportunity to experience industry and develop skills that help them in their degrees and beyond. We offer the chance to meet employers and receive guidance on all aspects of job hunting, from writing CVs to interview skills.
- Team building - all our students undertaking project work go for team building in designated areas. This provides an ‘outward bound’ experience in which students join together to face challenges as teams. They return to the University and, in the same teams, begin their project work has already experienced the highs and lows of working as a team.
- A real community - an open and supportive environment, where faculty and students frequently collaborate.
- The serene and conducive environment for learning.
- Separate hostels for gentlemen and ladies.
- Transport to and from students’ destinations available.
- Walking distance from the Central Business District.