Education is not merely the transmission of knowledge and skills.
As a young and vibrant university, CUHK Shenzhen is committed to nurturing a new generation of leaders. Through excellence in teaching, research and knowledge transfer, we hope to contribute globally by grooming future generations who are international in outlook, learned in their disciplines, upright in character, and committed to serving the needs of society. We welcome high achieving students from around the globe to take a journey that poses both significant challenges, but also opportunities not available anywhere else in the world.
©The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Shenzhen
Why CUHK Shenzhen?
Despite our youth, we have established a solid foundation and demonstrated what we are capable of achieving in the future. Our elite standards and international perspective ensure graduates are in high demand with employers and breaking into postgraduate courses at top-ranked universities worldwide. Our teaching staff is first rank academics recruited globally, including Nobel Laureates. They are developing fields of study that are poised at the cutting edge of human knowledge. All courses, coursework, and materials are delivered in English. The collegiate system and general education courses contribute to the development of all-round development of students, while our location in one of China’s most rapidly developing and dynamic cities offer opportunities not available anywhere else in the world.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen is on track to become one of the world’s leading research institutions. During your studies, you may get the opportunity to apply your knowledge in one of our world-class research facilities: robot and advanced manufacturing, big data and statistics, computer and information technology, finance, and economics, logistics and supply chain, biomedical and bioinformatics, material science, and new energy science and engineering. These institutes are led by Nobel Laureates, Turing Prize winners and other renowned academicians who also teach at the university.
CUHK Shenzhen is located on picturesque grounds. Beautifully landscaped, surrounded by rolling, tree-covered hills and dotted with lakes, it’s designed to support your academic endeavors, whilst providing outstanding recreational facilities for rest, relaxation and extra-curricular passions. Whether you wish to participate in the constant program of events or time with select friends, there is more than enough to keep you entertained on campus
Ranked second on Lonely Planet’s ‘top 10 cities to visit in 2019’, Shenzhen is a modern coastal cosmopolitan metropolis with a booming business environment. It has become a major financial center of southern China and is headquarters to numerous high-tech companies such as Huawei, ZTC, Tencent, and TCL. The character of the city matches the university, as an active entertainment lifestyle of shopping malls, restaurants, cinemas, cafes, pubs, and clubs is matched by a full appreciation of the outdoors. It is one of the greenest cities in China and is surrounded by a fantastic array of beaches and coastline. Access is easy with its own international airport in addition to other major international airports in Guangzhou and Hong Kong, both of which are connected by high-speed train.
Applying to CUHK Shenzhen
How to apply
The application process includes up to four steps:
- The application – complete an online application at http://admissions.cuhk.edu.cn/en. You will need to include a copy of the photo page of your passport, academic transcripts, proof of English proficiency, two recommendation letters and a personal statement. The closing date for applications is 15 June 2020.
- The interview – applicants who are considered suitable for a scholarship will be invited for an online interview. Academic staff will critically analyze your academic credentials and determine your suitability to study at our university.
- The offer – if you meet our requirements, you will receive either a Conditional or Unconditional offer. If you apply before your final scores are available, you will receive a conditional offer. This means we offer you a position and perhaps a scholarship, but the offer is dependent on you meeting specific conditions (eg minimum scores in a test). When you can demonstrate you have achieved the conditions of the offer and scholarship, you will be sent an unconditional offer.
Who can apply?
Applicants must have held a passport from a country or region other than Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao or Taiwan for a minimum of four years. Successful applicants will demonstrate the academic achievements and linguistic abilities required to study at CUHK Shenzhen. (this last sentence seems unnecessary with other added details)
What qualifications are required?
Applicants for CUHK Shenzhen must a recognized, standardized international assessment accepted for university admission.
What is the minimum entry requirement?
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen seeks top-quality students. Our minimum entry requirements, based on the recognized qualifications listed above, are:
- an overall score in the top 15%,
- core subjects (mathematics, English, and subjects directly related to your major) also within the top 15%.
- English proficiency: equivalent to IELTS 6.0 (see http://admissions.cuhk.edu.cn/en for a complete list).
CUHK Shenzhen offers several generous scholarships to support international students wishing to study here.
- Entry Scholarships: all applying students are automatically considered for a scholarship that covers the duration of their studies. These scholarships go as high as full tuition, full accommodation and a living stipend for elite students.
- Academic Performance Scholarships: each year, students with outstanding academic performance are considered for further scholarship awards ranging from 20,000-80,000 RMB/year.
- Government Scholarships: both the local and provincial governments have offered scholarships to attract outstanding international students. These scholarships range from 10,000-40,000 RMB/year.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shenzhen
2001 Longxiang Blvd, Longgang District
Shenzhen, Guangdong, P. R. China
Postal Code: 518172
Phone: + 86-755-8427-3284
2001 Longxiang Blvd, Longgang District
518172 Shenzhen, Guangdong, China