Mission of Our University
The Church promotes with renewed force the urgent mission of evangelizing culture and cultures. The Pontifical Catholic University Argentina, constituted by the episcopate of Argentina as corporate public canonical, it recognizes itself privileged instrument in this evangelizing effort, according to the clear teachings of Vatican II, the Code of Canon Law, the Apostolic Constitution "Ex Corde Ecclesiae" and the decree of the Episcopal Conference Argentina regulating its application, the document "Presence of the Church at the University and University Culture", among other magisterial documents.
The mission of the University is a continuous quest for truth through research, conservation and communication of human knowledge for the good of society (Ex Corde Ecclesiae, 30), within a framework of academic excellence, leadership in the field of knowledge and commitment to the community.
At the same time, at the University, as Catholic, studies and teachings have to perform and teach in light of the Faith, that is, recognition of revealed truth, so that the activity is chaired and inspired by this truth, found in Sacred Scripture and Tradition, with the guidance of the Magisterium of the Church by divine institution, is his masterpiece and custody (ECE 27). Therefore, the Catholic faith permeates:
- research and teaching,
- the training of members of the university community and
- the mission of service and commitment to society and the Church.
The University organizes education and comprehensive training to prepare youth and all those with university vocation, in the specific work of culture, scientific research, the ministry of higher teaching and the exercise of the liberal professions, nursing to promote both their technical and scientific expertise, professional, artistic or, as the university culture and higher, making it able to exercise their vocation with competence and a straight Catholic sense of one's duties and thus play a role in society dirigencial.
For its own identity, the Catholic university must give an adequate response to the serious contemporary problems, particularly in Argentina and regional reality in the complex field of modern intellectual culture, discovering revealed by God an interpellation Word, a mandate and a livelihood.
The University seeks to achieve "a presence, so to speak, public, continuous and universal of Christian thought in any effort to promote high culture and also to form great men for knowledge, prepared to perform functions of responsibility in society and to witness their faith in the world "(Vatican II, Gravissimum Educationis, n. 10).
As a dependent institution of the Argentina Episcopal Conference, Catholic University Argentina, as he was eventually requested by the diocesan bishops, to the extent of its possibilities and complying with canon and civil law, you can create faculties throughout the country, saved conditions reasonability and academic and economic feasibility of each project.
For all this, it has to be as authentic community, ie human space vitalized by faith that provides a balanced and integral development of the person.
In its mission, the University is animated by a missionary evangelical spirit of openness and pluralism. Therefore must provide the field where the dialogue between believers and nonbelievers be promoted, without sacrificing the truth, in most charity.
In short, the Catholic University Argentina must provide comprehensive training to perform the synthesis of excellence in the professional field and social commitment from a humanistic-Christian worldview.
Objectives and lines of action
UCA intends to respond to the challenges of today's world contributing what is proper in terms of:
University: Working through research, teaching thought and the service of man.
To do so, it promotes the examination of reality with the methods of the different disciplines and integrates them into the necessary dialogue between faith and reason. Such inserted in science integration is not merely an epistemological question, is fundamentally an insertion in reality.
The constant search for quality and excellence from the academic point of view ensures the training of professionals capable, by teachers willing to improve and continually updated and Dumps research to provide solutions to the problems of the country.
CatholicAs such, it seeks to keep its identity and maintain a living presence of the Church and its message of salvation in college and culture. Act according to Christian values translated into an ethical mode of relating means a commitment that is acquired for life and projects personally and socially. The Catholic University is an open university which seeks rich in diversity and respectful dialogue, which tries to form not only the efficient professional who provides technical solutions to community problems, but also to citizens and honest leader.
Argentina: It is proposed to meet the needs of people today, with visible face insert in the nation and the world. The University must be present in the most diverse areas offering answers from teaching, research and reflection and never losing sight they come true sense when they can be applied to specific challenges.
Lines of action:
To fulfill its mission, the Catholic University of Argentina, under the Institutional Project 2001-2006, it has set several lines of action, among which are:
- The mission of the university has to vitally permeate the entire structure and reflected in each of its activities, so that is constituted as a center of higher learning, according to the most rigorous conception of a real university, by research teams, teaching and excellent services consist of professors and scholars qualified to prepare young people to exercise their vocation with competence and a straight Catholic sense of duty.
- The dialogue between science and faith, identified as a priority by the Church, has been taking throughout the University, above all, in the ordinary practice of teaching and research, and through concrete actions that promote effective integration of knowledge. In particular, courses, conferences, seminars and research they will be promoted mainly through the Institute of Integration of Knowledge and each of the faculties. The Faculties of Theology and Philosophy have to play a key role in this field.
- The philosophical and theological subjects should be implemented and articulated in conjunction with the specific disciplines, so that they respond to the unity of knowledge and comprehensive training of the student. They will be present in the curricula of different races so that they are actually training. On the occasion of the renewal of the curriculum, the Institute of Culture and University Extension will form a committee to study this issue and raise its conclusions to the Council.
- For the creation of a genuine university community have promoted meetings and spiritual, pastoral, cultural, social and recreational activities for students, teachers, graduates, managers and administrative staff. Special attention deserves the integration of students studying at the headquarters of the Federal Capital and from inside the country. To this end, it has to seek a convergent action of the Institute of Pastoral Action and academic units, especially through the guardians of the early years of study and design of common integration activities, such as courses setting, the activities of the Cultural Center of the University, etc.
- Sports and artistic activities will be promoted as valuable tools for integral development of the person and the integration of the university community.
Programs taught in:
- Spanish (Argentina)