UBIS is a truly unique, professionally focused international educational institution with campus locations in Geneva, Switzerland, Barcelona, Spain, and a Global Online Campus headquartered in Washington DC.
The UBIS DNA is composed of three main factors:
- Real-World Experience
- Personal Attention for Each Student
- International Perspective
UBIS offers professionally focused programs ranging from micro-certificates, bachelor, master and doctorate degrees.
UBIS’ professors are highly experienced professionals. They bring to the classroom real-world problems and dissect them with the critical eye of experience.
UBIS is constantly adapting its course content and methodologies to ensure that our graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills to thrive in globlal business and technology market.
At UBIS we pay attention to the needs of every student and aim to deliver a customized and personalized learning experience.
We are a truly international community: UBIS’ faculty, staff, and students come from over 40 different nationalities and from every corner of the world. UBIS also has a strong network of international university and corporate partners and a truly international Alumni network. Currently, UBIS’ Family is spread over 4 continents.
Why Study at UBIS
- Customized, high-quality academic programs and a faculty that is highly supportive of individual business-oriented student projects. Small class size is key.
- Focus on student’s career perspective: programs aligned with future of work; faculty with professional experience, combined technical and social skills approach.
- Highly diverse student body. Semester abroad (partner institutions) and/or internship (USA, Switzerland, Spain) options.
- UBIS has a state-of-the-art online learning platform that allows our you to study abroad or from the comfort of your own home, and the flexibility to fit your education into your busy schedule.
UBIS was founded in 2006 to create an institution with high academic standards and a supportive environment for students interested in business careers. UBIS is accredited by IACBE, EduQua, and Higher Education Licensure Commission in Washington DC. UBIS has a network of international academic partners and an international alumni network. The faculty, staff, and students come from more than 40 nations.
At UBIS we build student capacities to navigate territories they may be unfamiliar with, to adapt to changing circumstances, to operate in multicultural modes, and to implement projects that will have positive impacts in the world. We constantly review and modify our programs and teaching methods to align with current business and societal needs.
Student research is encouraged and developed through the capstone project at the bachelor level and a thesis at the master and doctoral level. The master and doctoral theses are expected to demonstrate original research and a contribution to new knowledge. The professional expertise of the faculty is crucial for orienting these theses to real-world business issues. The originality of the research is monitored through close mentoring of the theses at predetermined stages of student writing submissions. Faculty are expected to demonstrate research activity through contributions to peer-reviewed journals and participation in Published proceedings of conferences.
Student career prospects are enhanced by high-quality academic programs that are constantly aligned with the future of work, by faculty with extensive professional experience, by an emphasis on social skills (communication, cooperation, cultural sensitivity) and by the space students are given to develop their own business projects. The prominence given to research (capstone projects and theses) oriented to real-world business issues is a major factor in preparing our students for success. Students have multiple opportunities given by the online environment (e.g., participation in important conferences, internships at businesses, International institutions, and NGO’s) and by our international academic partnerships.
- Career Center advises each individual student where to go for an internship. All students are allowed to work for 15 hours per week after the first 6 months of studying in Switzerland.
- Student Learning Platform helps to control grades and study materials.
- Online program for distance learning education.
- Student Services to help with visa, residence card formalities, health care and accommodation.
- Orientation days for new students: acquaintance with professors, city guide tours, integration with existing students.
- Student Association – organizes fun events for students in and outside of Geneva.