University of Canberra has an array of Scholarships Available for International Students.
Develop a career in software engineering
If software engineering is your chosen career focus, then there’s no better place to study than UC. A comprehensive course with broad coverage across the whole software engineering spectrum, you’ll explore the design and construction of software systems, across a range of different industries.
With the ability to tailor your course to your specific areas of interest, you’ll have the opportunity to complete a professional minor from across a range of areas, such as computer security, network computing, games development, digital forensics and intelligent systems. You’ll graduate from this Australian Computer Society-accredited course with the skills, knowledge and ambition required to be an exceptional software engineer, in whichever area of the industry you choose to launch your career in.
Study a Bachelor of Software Engineering at UC and you will:
- achieve comprehensive insight into the engineering aspects of computer science
- study the current programming languages at an intensive level
- understand the methodology of software systems engineering using analysis and specification methods such as UML, XML, structured and soft systems methodologies
- learn to design and build systems and software using specialist engineering tools
- work within modern development environments that include Windows, Linux, mobile and cloud computing.
Work Integrated Learning
UC works hard to foster close industry connections, with the course content reviewed annually by our Course Advisory Group, made up of a panel of industry experts, and collaborations with industry partners who can provide you with work placement positions and training opportunities.
Previous students have undertaken internships with companies including Intelledox, Omni Executive, Pursuit Technology, Qirx, Fujitsu Australia, Birdsnest, Agsafe, ThoughtPatterns Consulting, ESKAPEE, HydroAlgorithmics, ALLBIDS, VerveEd.com, Emanate Technology, Xero Australia and the Australian Taxation Office.
In your final year, you’ll complete a capstone research project, producing and implementing a real-world engineering solution for a local business, government or community organisation.
- ICT consultant
- Data scientist
- Database administrator
- Cybersecurity specialist/forensics
- System architect/technical architect
- User interface designer
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning engineer
- Web/mobile app developer
- Software engineer
- Games developer
- IT test engineer
- Robotics specialist
- System administrator
This course is accredited by the professional body, the Australian Computer Society, at the Professional level.
High-achieving students may be eligible to enrol in Honours in Information Sciences, and there are clear pathways from this course to the Master of Information Sciences (Research) and other postgraduate degrees.
Program taught in: