Today's competitive, rapidly changing world requires depth and agility in the workplace. To prepare students to meet these challenges, U.C.O. and the College of Mathematics and Science provides students with opportunities for life-changing intellectual experiences that take place both inside and beyond the classroom. We call this "Transformative Learning." Transformative Learning is a holistic process that places students at the center of their own active and reflective learning experiences.
U.C.O.'s Computer Science program of study is for those who are interested in computer science in general. This program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of A.B.E.T..
Computer Science Minor
The University of Central Oklahoma is committed to providing affordable tuition to our students and their families from all over the world. U.C.O. recognizes and rewards student achievements by offering scholarships and awards on the basis of academic merit, talent in the fine arts or athletics. Other awards are based upon financial need. Students may qualify for both types of awards.
On-campus employment is also available to assist international students with their cost of living. International students may apply for on-campus jobs and work up to 20 hours per week after they arrive. On-campus employment is not guaranteed.
- Full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Freshman students, please Click here.
- Full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Transfer students, please Click here.
- Full list of Scholarships available to Graduate students, please Click here.
Please note that applying for most of these scholarships does not require any action from a student. Scholarship decision is made by an Admission's Advisor based off your academic and English proficiency scores. The exceptions are President's Leadership Council, Leaders of Tomorrow Council and Legacy Non-Resident Waiver scholarships.
- Leadership Scholarship - $400 (one-time award)
- Each Spring semester, several applicants will be awarded pending funding by the administration. The elected ISC President will be awarded $1000.00 each Spring and Fall semester.
- International Pageant Scholarship - Scholarship amounts are granted each Spring for the top three winners of male and female category.
- Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Scholarship - up to $1,000 (one-time award). Scholarship is awarded to the student based on their GPA and leadership involvement while studying at U.C.O.
- For a list of other scholarship opportunities, please refer to U.C.O. Scholarships and U.C.O. Scholarship Application Utility.
*In most cases, scholarships are stackable but may not exceed the cost of tuition.
Computer Science career opportunities include:
- Systems development
- Network technology
- Database administration
- Technical support
Cost & Fees
- Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour: $205.35
- Non-Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour: $344.90
Program taught in: