Singapore’s aviation industry is booming, and you can be a part of it. So, what exactly is the aviation industry? It can be summed up as the design, development, production, operation, maintenance and use of aircrafts — basically, the companies involved in air transport. Within the aviation industry, you can take your career in many directions.
Working in the business sector of the field, you could be an airport or airline manager, an aircraft salesperson, an airline customer service representative or other challenging roles that require a combined knowledge of business acumen and aviation. A Bachelor of Science in Aviation Business Administration (B.S.A.B.A.) is the first step to getting there.
Awarded by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, offered by ERC Institute (ERCI), the 120-credit hour B.S.A.B.A. degree program provides you with a well-rounded business foundation spanning economics, aeronautical science, accounting, marketing, management and global business strategies. Specially designed for students who wish to lead and manage in the aviation world, the B.S.A.B.A. program offers:
- A solid foundation of business-focused industry expertise
- Leadership skills
- A look at understanding how to balance the organization using concepts of organizational theory and design
- The skills needed to conduct business transactions and simulate the impact of those decisions on an organization’s bottom line
- The benefit of learning from faculty who are experienced industry professionals themselves
Applications for the Bachelor of Science in Aviation Business Administration programme must be made online at asia.erau.edu. Students with a Polytechnic Diploma, International Baccalaureate Diploma/Certificate, A-Level Certificate are eligible for credit exemptions based on the subjects they’ve taken and the grades received.
Applicants for whom English is not the primary language must either:
- Attain a minimum score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 550 (paper-based) or 79 (Internet-based).
- Attain a minimum score on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6.0.
- Show evidence of attendance and graduation from a secondary school in which the language of instruction was English.
International students should visit Singapore’s Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) FAQ website for information on the issuance of a student pass/student visa. All student pass requirements will be shared with students when an admission decision is made by the university. Official/Attested copies of documents listed above should be mailed to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Office of Enrollment Management, 75 Bukit Timah Road, #02-01 Boon Siew Building, Singapore 229833. Alternatively, students may make an appointment to bring original documents in so that an official copy can be made.
Full-Time (courses conducted during the day)
Students pursuing the B.S.A.B.A. degree programme at a full-time pace will take 3 courses each term. The 128 credit hour B.S.A.B.A. degree is designed to be completed in 3.5 years (4 terms per year). The course fees for the full degree over 3.5 years will be about SGD 64,000 payable each term (About SGD 5,000 per term). Students can also do 1 semester abroad (16 weeks) at our US campuses in Florida or Arizona during the course of their degree in Singapore.
Part-Time (courses conducted during the evening)
Students pursuing the B.S.A.B.A. degree programme at a part-time pace will take 2 courses each term. The full 128 credit hour B.S.A.B.A. degree is designed to be completed in 5 years at a part-time pace. Part-time students also have the option of accelerating completion of the degree by taking some courses entirely online.
Our primary intakes for the B.S.A.B.A. degree programme are in January and July of each year; however, students can also choose to start in March and October. A member of the Enrollment Management team can help you decide which start term works best for you.
- $530 SGD per credit + GST
- All courses are 3 credits = $1,590 SGD per course + GST (including basic English and Math courses, ENGL 106, ENGL 109, MATH 106 and MATH 109) and online courses
- To graduate students need to complete a total of 120 credits, SGD 63,600 + 7% GST
- International Students Administration Fees Bachelor’s and Master’s: $1,070 SGD must be paid before student pass process begins
- Immigration & Checkpoints Authority Student pass fee and Medical Exam fee (optional) are paid separately by the student
Rolling admission throughout the year
Click here for more information about the Bachelor of Science in Aeronautics.
Program taught in: