Faculty of Science
The Bachelor of Science in physics - Minor electronics (B.Sc.) is a pre-professional degree designed for students who plan to become a physicist and have a good level in electronics, either by going to graduate school or by working in fields that are physics dependent or electronics.
This four-year program offers a complete education in physics as a major and very good knowledge in electronics as a minor, covering all the important areas of the subject while also allowing the student to take other courses in other areas such as biology, mathematics, chemistry and educational skills.
Based on the stated University mission, the Program undertakes teaching activities directly focused at Palestinian society demands. Courses involve subjects in many fields in physics and electronics that are directly related to education and practical life work. Upon graduation the student will be able to be engaged in jobs from private and public sectors that are related to physics and electronics such as education, energy industries, electricity companies, communication companies, car companies, maintenance technical work, various government agencies such as National and International agencies that are interested in physics and electronics sectors.
Teaching and Learning
The physics department provides an appropriate learning and educational environment for students. Where it offers courses depending on the study plan for the student.
Halls and laboratories suitable for teaching and learning are available. Other educational assistance such LCDs and computer laboratories and the physics and electronics labs. that are equipped with modern instruments required for practical courses in addition to library facilities.
Students must develop the component skills and knowledge necessary to perform complex tasks. Finally, students must learn when and how to apply the skills and knowledge they learn. As instructors, it is important that we develop a conscious awareness of these elements of skills so as to help our students learn more effectively.
Upon completing the B.Sc. study plan in physics major - minor in electronics the learner will be able to:
- Ability to apply physics concepts in practical life.
- Has a great experience in using physics laboratories equipment in the right way, which gave him the knowledge and experience in the possibility of using many electronic and electrical appliances in non-physics areas in a correct and proper manner.
- Prefer working in groups, which means that he is a very good collaborative human.
- He has a good knowledge of public safety laws through the application of the safety laws in the laboratory during his study.
- Always looking forward to better and excellence in any field of science and life in the community, in order to keep up with modern scientific and technological developments to promote himself and the community around it.
- Use scientific method to explain different natural phenomena critically and creatively
- Expand own knowledge independently
- Implement and preserve professional ethics in different sectors, academic or professional.
- Undertake teaching duties in physics and technology at all school system levels, including laboratory classes.
- Undertake teaching duties in other relevant disciplines (Math, Chemistry and Biology) at preparatory school levels
- Use library and online resources in chemical literature
Coursework and Assessment
Studies consist of lectures, various problems, reports, as well as seminar presentations and examinations. The student follows the study plan to finish compulsory and elective courses.
The assessment is mainly based on the grades of final or mid-term exams. Also, other assessment methods are used including seminar presentations, reports in many courses and laboratory reports, etc. Exam questions and homework are appropriate to the level and content of the course, and focusing on training the students on creativity, perfection and dedication, and giving them the spirit of scientific research and thinking.
In the assessment of a completed course, a numerical scale 0-4 in whole numbers is used.
In addition to the study in the department of physics, each physics student is required to spend the sum of 48 working hours of practical training in schools, related companies, related industry and/or public sectors that involve physics and electronics activities in Palestine and abroad.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018