Faculty of Economics and Social Studies
The program aims to produce and prepare competent workforces who have the required qualifications and necessary background needed in the field. Graduates will then be able to successfully serve the Domestic and International Markets. The Department is committed to excellence in teaching and scientific research and is committed to a continuous development of its academic staff.
There is communication between the department and institutions of the official community and non-official, industry and local companies such as the Palestinian Telecommunications Company and JAWWAL and banking and insurance where they are sending students for training in these institutions and enable students to hold graduation projects and case studies from the reality of these institutions also are hosting the managers of these institutions to give lectures about the process and methods in management and identify the graduate specifications to meet local market needs
Teaching and Learning
The methods that used in learning and teaching depends on the I.L.O.’s of each curse including:
- Critical thinking and brainstorming and discussion by using the most current references in each topic.
- Explain to students everything by using power point and Small group of students to get participation from each of them.
- Projects by which students can search in the real world of business to solve the managerial problems facing the business firms.
- Practical training for making our students facing the challenges they expect to meet after graduation.
Coursework and Assessment
The assessment criteria for the courses in the program are:
- Written exams for the theoretical courses which measure the students' ability to gain the knowledge from the course.
- Oral exams to measure the ability of students to interact and give the knowledge they have.
- Presentations, to measure how students can act and deliver the message they are presenting.
- Reports and Home works.
- Effective participation in classes.
We want to ensure our students leave us as highly employable graduates, with an understanding of the relevance of academic learning in an organizational context. Accordingly, the department provides many opportunities for training through cooperation with the Palestinian private sector companies' such as Palestine Cellular Communications company (Jawwal) and several Palestinian banks. As a result of this cooperation, many students were hired in a full-time basis once they successfully completed their training programs.
Accrediting Organization Ministry
Ministry of Higher Education
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 30, 2018