You get to make use of the latest technology, including a Microsoft Surface Hub, Virtual Reality equipment, robots and 3D printers, all readily available at the Internet of Things Lab. One of this course's unique features is the Minor Certified Ethical Hacking, which is the only one of its kind in Europe.
The curriculum is based on our Design Based Education principles. This means you will work on practical assignments in small groups and can pursue your own interests while working on real-life cases. We are well-connected with many professional companies where students can do their internships, such as Microsoft, Google, IBM, ING Group and ABN AMRO.
This course opens up a world of opportunities. Information Technology graduates get to choose where they want to work. Thanks to the increasing importance of automation and digitisation, you will be able to pursue your field of interest, be it as a software engineer, developer, IT consultant, or a Certified Ethical Hacker.
To be admitted to one of the bachelor programmes you have to meet certain admission requirements. NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognises the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Four GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes (final grade A, B or C) and two ‘AS’ level passes. These six passes combined must all be in different subjects.
- Associate, bachelor's or master's degree
Furthermore, some of our bachelor programmes may demand additional entry requirements.
If you are aged 21 or older and would like to enrol at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, but do not currently meet the admission requirements, you are invited to register for the entrance examination.
All non-EEA applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EEA students are the same as for Dutch students. If your diploma is listed here, the additional English language test is not required.
NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts four kinds of official language tests:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 for each skill).
- TOEFL 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based) and 80 (internet based). Original test results must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to NHL Stenden. The TOEFL institution code for NHL Stenden is 9215.
- Cambridge ESOL score FCE-C (169, or higher).
- TOEIC 670 (Listening and Reading) and 290 (Speaking and Writing).
Please note: If you do not have the appropriate level, it is possible to enrol in our English Preparatory Language Course.
Start date: February or September 2019
Duration: 4 years, full-time
Tuition fee (annual):
September start: EU students = €2,083
Non-EU students = €8,150
September start: EU applicants: 15 August
Non-EU applicants: 31 May
February start: EU applicants: 17 January
Non-EU applicants: 1 November
Program taught in: