Do you aspire to work in the creative and ever-evolving fashion industry? Are you passionate about fashion and want to make an impact on how trends and great fashion brands are created, consumed and experienced? If yes, then our bachelor’s degree in Fashion Management (B.A.) is the first step in the path to your success in the fashion industry.
The Fashion Management (B.A.) opens the doors of the fashion industry’s companies such as agencies, fashion manufacturers, online portals, magazines, department stores, retail chains, event companies, photographic agencies and so on. As a competent fashion manager, you will acquire key business skills and knowledge to analyse target groups, evaluate trends, and create and develop brands. Studying in the Berlin campus of Macromedia University means you have the opportunities to create your own network in the city which is a fashion hub and an attractive destination for creative young designers who could be your future colleagues or partners. From functional clothing to haute couture, the Fashion Management programme engages with all aspects of the subject including the following key areas:
- German and international fashion industry
- Purchasing and production logistics
- Materials science and production techniques
- Developing and evaluating a collection
- Retail experience and presentation aspects at a point of sale
- Retail touchpoints analysis, design and synchronisation
- E-commerce and customer relationship management
- Fashion brand management and marketing
- Fashion communications and journalism
Learning by doing
A comprehensive curriculum with a strong focus on practical projects means that you will acquire an impressive portfolio during the study and gain deep expertise in the key tools and methods on the various aspects of fashion management. With 500 industry partners such as Benetton, Adidas, agencies and publishers, our students are never short of opportunities to gain hands-on experiences through exciting projects.
Fully accredited semester abroad
You will spend one semester at one of our international partner institutions like the renowned Istituto Marangoni School of fashion in London or Paris. The curriculum abroad is tailored to our own Fashion Management (B.A.) course. During this semester, you will make valuable contacts, enrich your cultural perspectives and perhaps make friends for life.
The benefits of choosing Macromedia University
- Top position in CHE Ranking 2014/15
- Small classes with intensive, individual supervision
- Globally recognised, state-approved degrees, accredited by FIBAA
- Authentic, practice-oriented projects
- Highly qualified professors and industry insiders as lecturers
- International students
- Strong career prospects in Germany
- Programmes entirely in English
- Campus locations situated in Germany’s industrial centres
- International network of Partner Universities
Certified secondary education certificate (e.g. High School Diploma), the entrance qualification for universities/universities of applied sciences or equal qualification English language proficiency certificate (not older than 24 months at programme start)
- TOEFL iBT (at least 72 out of 120 points)
- or IELTS (at least 6.0 out of 9) or equivalent qualifications
- or equivalent
For a detailed list of required documents, please visit our website or contact our study advisors.
7 semesters (3.5 years), including one semester abroad at one of our partner universities worldwide, and including one-semester internship (commonly in the 6th semester).
Winter term: Non-EU 15/06; EU 15/08
EU €5,150 / Non-EU 5,500 € per semester
Our student advisors are always happy to answer any questions you may have. You can use our online chat or contact us via WhatsApp to talk to us. You can also give us a call or use the information request form on our international website macromedia-university.com.
Program taught in: