Bachelor in Economic Informatics
- Program: B-SE System engineering and informatics
- Field of study: B-SE-EI Economic informatics
- Level of qualification: Bachelor
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Bachelor's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed secondary education and entrance examination, if required.
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished secondary education with school leaving certificate.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules".
Profile of the program:
The objective of the studies is to provide students with basic theoretical knowledge of and practical skills in informatics, algorithm design, database systems, implementation of computer networks, operating systems, and analysis and design of information systems. The graduates have sufficient knowledge and skills for effective management of companies specializing in products and services within the tertiary sector of the national economy. They also have sufficient knowledge for an effective management of commercial activities in a company of any specialization. After finishing the required study plan the graduates are qualified for immediate employment in practice and prepared for continuing their studies in graduate programs.
Key learning outcomes:
- to develop students' knowledge of information, economic, managerial and social sciences to analyze and understand economic phenomena
- to familiarise students with the principles of information systems and information technologies
- to promote methods by which economic and managerial processes are investigated, monitored and controlled
- to promote quantitative techniques to give students modern and perspective tools for decision making support
- to provide students with the personal skills and professional perspective to be effective in the sphere of information systems and technologies
Graduates from this program are qualified for working in enterprises oriented on development, purchase and selling of information systems and information technologies. They can use their experience also in specialized departments of manufacture-oriented and service-oriented organizations responsible for operation and development of their ICT and IS/ICT as administrators of software systems, database systems, web servers or enterprise computer networks or as an analyst and programmer. The studies enable also a qualified performance of economic and administrative tasks at the middle level of management.
Min. 180 ECTS, state final exam, defense of the bachelor thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to master's study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 18, 2018