The Design and Graphic Arts Technology programme is designed according to a multifaceted consistent profile and covers a wide range of subjects from graphics technologies and communication design. It aims to deliver designers and top managers for institutions or enterprises involved in the design, production, management and research of graphic objects. Understanding technologies and graphic processes, management systems and methods and budgeting, information and communication technologies and multimedia is a crucial condition for the designer and graphic technician profile inherent to this academic cycle. This programme was designed so as to facilitate access, not only to the labour world but also to second-cycle programmes of study, namely the Masters degree in Editorial Technologies from ESTT.
- professionals for graphics companies: top management positions in sectors such as production, commercial, quality, planning, budgets and stocks.
- professionals in graphic design related areas: communication designer, web designer and multimedia designer.
On completion of the bachelor's degree in Design and Graphic Arts Technology the students must have acquired the following skills:
- Communication and representation abilities in such areas as traditional, digital, and multimedia graphics.
- Be familiar with the project and work organisation methods.
- Have general knowledge of graphic culture, social sciences and exact sciences.
- Have a good command of graphics technologies.
- Have consolidated knowledge of production planning and organisation as well as quality control and management.
- Have analysis and synthesis skills in the context of communication design.
- Have professional development skills.
- Understand and be able to use the various technological tools and desktop publishing software as well as software for image processing, vectorial drawing, web design and multimedia.
- Be able to use pre-press, press and finishing materials, processes and techniques.
- Have management and budgetary skills.
- Have interpersonal relationships and multidisciplinary work skills.
- Have leadership and cooperation abilities.
- Have creativity and initiative.
- Be able to join any graphics and design company - versatility and adaptability.
- Have a global overview of the design and graphics technologies and the possibilities in terms of acting strategies.
- Develop technical and creative thinking and be capable of innovating and furthering knowledge.
See 9 more programs offered by Polytechnic Institute of Tomar »
This course is