During this course, you will learn how to produce and publish media successfully. Besides learning the ins and outs of the industry, you also get to know the innermost circle of the media industry. Do an internship at prestigious companies like Disney, Nintendo, or even your own company. Do you have international ambitions? Choose to spend part of your studies at one of our other campuses in Bali, Qatar, South Africa, or Thailand.
The programme will open up a world of career opportunities for you: from managing a creative team, to assisting the production of a TV show. In this rapidly growing and ever-changing sector, there is always a need for dynamic and highly skilled professionals.
Some examples of career paths are concept developer, creating campaigns and creative concepts, producer, web editor, or music manager. You could also start your own enterprise as a creative entrepreneur.
In this course, we will assist you in getting familiar with the industry on an international level, offering you access to the skills you need to become an enterprising, creative professional.
Creative Business, Media Management was previously offered as Media and Entertainment Management (MEM).
To be admitted to one of the bachelor programmes you have to meet certain admission requirements. NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences recognises the following general international qualifications:
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- High School diploma from an accredited institution
- Four GCSE/GCE ‘O’ level passes (final grade A, B or C) and two ‘AS’ level passes. These six passes combined must all be in different subjects.
- Associate, bachelor's or master's degree
Furthermore, some of our bachelor programmes may demand additional entry requirements.
If you are aged 21 or older and would like to enrol at NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences, but do not currently meet the admission requirements, you are invited to register for the entrance examination.
All non-EEA applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application. Exceptions are made for students, who have had their preparatory education in a country where English is the official working and educational language. The language requirements for EEA students are the same as for Dutch students. If your diploma is listed here, the additional English language test is not required.
NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences accepts four kinds of official language tests:
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.0 for each skill).
- TOEFL 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based) and 80 (internet based). Original test results must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service to NHL Stenden. The TOEFL institution code for NHL Stenden is 9215.
- Cambridge ESOL score FCE-C (169, or higher).
- TOEIC 670 (Listening and Reading) and 290 (Speaking and Writing).
Please note: If you do not have the appropriate level, it is possible to enrol in our English Preparatory Language Course.
Start date: February or September 2019
Duration: 4 years, full-time
Tuition fee (annual):
September start: EU students = €2,083
Non-EU students = €8,150
September start: EU applicants: 15 August
Non-EU applicants: 31 May
February start: EU applicants: 17 January
Non-EU applicants: 1 November
Program taught in: