Computer engineering is one of the most preferred professions.
Due to it is rapid growth, "Computer Engineering" is in a leading position in the future of professions. The main philosophy of our department is to educate engineers equipped with up to date knowledge who can produce knowledge and respond to the needs of the academic life and the business sector successfully. The research fields of our academicians are analysis and design of algorithms, microprocessor systems, embedded systems, computer architecture, computer networks, database systems and database application development, computational geometry, parallel programming, software engineering, and high-performance computing.
The aim of the Computer Engineering Department is to become a leader in education and research areas among our national engineering departments and become a well-known computer engineering department at the international arena.
Our mission is to offer a high-quality engineering education at world standards by creating leading knowledge with original research in our area and to graduate engineers who:
- can be employed in industrial and academics fields, home or abroad, with a variety of job responsibilities and be a candidate for successful careers,
- can have a strong engineering background equipped with modern technological knowledge,
- can follow up the scientific and technological advancement and renew himself/herself continuously,
- can be responsive to the local and global problems and be aware of the professional, social and ethical responsibilities,
- can perform the written and oral communication very well.
The graduates of Kadir Has University Department of Computer Engineering are expected to:
- have a strong engineering background and be equipped with modern technological knowledge,
- be candidates for successful careers in national as well as international, industrial and academic institutions,
- be involved in, especially, software and computer networks projects.
I congratulate our alumni engineers who were educated based on this strong infrastructure due to their great achievements in the business sector and in academic life. I wish success to current and prospective students of our department.
Qualification Awarded/Level of Qualification
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be awarded Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (The Qualifications Frameworks in the European Higher Education Area (QF-EHEA): Level 1, European Qualifications Framework (EQF): Level 6 )
Applicants should obtain the required scores from Transition to Higher Education Examination (YGS), First Cycle Placement Test (LYS/MF 4), and Direct Transfer Test (DGS). Placements are centrally organized by the Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). International students applying for the program must follow the admissions criteria determined by Kadir Has University. Students can transfer into the program by following Kadir Has University regulations on the basis concerning the horizontal transfer.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students may be exempted from some of the courses they have succeded in a previously attended programme, if they have not been counted towards a degree already, in view of the Exemption Regulations of Kadir Has University. Are courses taken by students coming with? Direct Transfer Test? (DGS) from an associate degree program will also be evaluated based on Exemption Regulations of Kadir Has University.
Students are required to successfully complete all courses in the curriculum accepted by the Senate (240 ECTS Credits) and have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00/4.00. In addition, each student must complete 40 days of compulsory internship.
Definition of the Program
The underlying philosophy of the programme is to educate engineers who are equipped with up-to-date knowledge, who can react to the needs of the professional sector and academic life and can produce know-how. The students are specializing in software engineering, computer network planning, and mobile applications. Besides, courses required for Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Oracle Application Development, Microsoft CRM Dynamics, EMC Proven Professional certificates are embedded in the curriculum.
- Ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to model and solve problems in computer engineering.
- Ability to understand and apply discrete mathematics.
- Ability to define complex engineering problems, collect, analyze data, analyze problems and develop models and implement solutions for engineering problems.
- Ability to analyze, design and manage the hardware/software computer system requirements with limited resources and conditions by modern engineering principles.
- Ability to use modern engineering techniques, tools, and information technologies and develop software equipment and software.
- Ability to conduct lab experiments by using computers and to have the ability to collect data, analyze, interpret data and to solve engineering problems.
- Ability to work on multidisciplinary topics with teams as well as individually.
- Ability to communicate in Turkish and English very well in the written and oral form.
- Ability to follow international works in his or her field.
- Ability to follow technological innovations and to engage in life-long learning in order to adapt himself/herself to the changing conditions of the future with professional and ethical responsibility.
- Ability to make a difference in project management, entrepreneurship, and quality control.
- An understanding of current/contemporary issues and the impact of engineering solutions in legal and ethical levels.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Graduates can be employed in various areas of computer engineering such as those including project activities in, for example, Android and Apple iOS-based mobile application development, customer relationship management, enterprise resource planning, embedded systems, computer network infrastructures, and database application development.
Access to Further Studies
Upon successful completion of the undergraduate program, candidates can apply to graduate programs to pursue a masters' degree or, depending on their GPA, a doctoral degree.
Course and Instructor Evaluation Questionnaire, Graduation Questionnaire, Satisfaction Questionnaire.
Exchange (North America, Europe, Asia), double degree (Montana State University, Purdue University at Indianapolis) and ERASMUS (13 universities in nine countries) programs.
Program taught in: