Chemical engineering occupies a unique position at the interface between molecular sciences and engineering. Closely linked with the fundamental subjects of chemistry, biology, mathematics, and physics — and in close collaboration with fellow engineering disciplines like materials science, computer science, and mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering — chemical engineering offers unparalleled opportunities to do great things.
Chemical engineering occupies a unique position at the interface between molecular sciences and engineering
Our curriculum is aimed to provide students with every essential knowledge in physical, chemical, and biological processes, engineering design, and synthesis skills; creatively shape and solve complex problems, such as translating molecular information into new products and processes; and exercise leadership in industry, academia, and government in terms of technological, economic, and social issues.
Soft skills such as teamwork, communication, identifying & solving problems through hands-on training are also offered to our students in a creative, professional, dynamic and competitive international environment.
Graduates have the solid professional knowledge to work in areas such as mineral mining, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food, alcohol, plastic, packaging…
Career opportunities include works on operational management and operating chemical manufacturing technology equipment systems, system design and calculation, product research and development, product analysis – management…
Companies often recruit graduates of this sector are:
- Oil and Gas: Petrovietnam – Vietnam Oil and Gas Group, Saigon Petro
- Design consulting firm on the technological process: Tech, Toyo.
- Food – pharmaceutical companies: Acecook, Domesco, Coca-Cola,…
- Companies manufacturing chemical product: Unilever, P&G,…
- Environment remediation companies: Greentech,…
- Cement companies: Holcim, HaTien 1,…
- Fertilizer: Ca Mau Fertilizer Plant, Phu My Fertilizer Plant…
Opportunity to transfer to our partner universities
Students have 2 options:
- Option 1: Students study at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering awarded by HCMUT-Bach Khoa University.
- Option 2: After completing 02 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to the University of Adelaide (Australia) the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia). The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia).
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Campus: HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus
List of Courses
|Communication Skills for Engineers||Process and Equipment Practice|
|Inorganic Chemistry||Numerical Methods in Chemical Engineering|
|Analytical Chemistry||Process Safety|
|Environment and Human||Reaction Engineering|
|Statistics and Data Analysis||Chemical Plant Design|
|Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory||Unit Operations Laboratory|
|Organic Chemistry A||Basis of Chemical Plant Design|
|Analytical Chemistry Laboratory||Simulation and Optimization|
|Technical Drawing||Catalytic Technology|
|Physical Chemistry||Process Control|
|Mechanics Processes||Project: Process and Equipment|
|Organic Chemistry Laboratory||Pipes-Oil Tank Engineering|
|Physical Chemistry||Material Corrosion Resistance|
|Process Technology||Oil Refinery Technology|
|Heat Transfer||Petrochemical Technology|
|Technical English||Gas Processing Technology|
|Mass Transfer||Petroleum Products|
|Physical Chemistry Laboratory||Petrochemical Laboratory|
|Renewable Energy and Bio-energy||Graduation Internship|
Please contact or visit HCMUT-Bach Khoa University website for further information.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 25, 2018