Chemical Engineering Study Program - Program Studi Teknik Kimia (PSTK) of Syiah Kuala University (Unsyiah) was founded in 1977 in response to the growth of industrial estates in the north of Aceh Province. It became the choice for student candidate both from inside and outside Aceh. Unsyiah PSTK alumni have worked in various fields of good work in Indonesia and abroad. In general, the field of work expected for Unsyiah PSTK alumni are process engineering, research and development, and consultancy service. Besides the three occupational groups above, many of them are graduates from Unsyiah PSTK, currently working independently or at work not related to the field of science, which requires enthusiasm entrepreneurship and good management skills. This is in line with very rapid changes in environmental settings over the past decade.
In 2004 Unsyiah PSTK was accredited “A” based on decree Badan Akreditasi Nasional Perguruan Tinggi Departemen Pendidikan Nasional No. 013 / BAN-PT / Ak-VII / S1 / IV / 2004 and then in the re-accreditation process of Unsyiah PSTK again received accreditation A based on Decree of BAN-PT No. 022 / BAN-PT / Ak-XIII / S1 / X / 2010 which are valid from October 22, 2010 to October 22, 2015. Furthermore, in the 2015 re-accreditation process the Unsyiah PSTK again received A accreditation based on BAN-PT Decree No. 773 / SK / BAN-PT / Accredited / S / VII / 2015 which are effective from 10 July 2015 to 10 July 2020.
At present, in addition to having 11 laboratories, Unsyiah PSTK also has several supporting units, namely: Reading Room, Kindergarten Computer Center, Guidance and Counseling, Publication, Central Alumni, Industrial Study Center, Designer Studio and Mushalla At-Tafakur. In facing the main challenges in the fields of science and technology, the government plans to achieve economic and social improvements in line with the changing paradigm of higher education.
Vision and Mission of Program Studi Teknik Kimia (PSTK)
The vision of Unsyiah PSTK
"Making Unsyiah PSTK leading in education, research, engineering, and service in the community and can produce graduates who are cautious and highly competent in national and international level in 2020. "
The mission of Unsyiah PSTK
- Preparing graduates to master the expertise of chemical engineering professionals and high competitiveness,
- Preparing graduates to be able to take advanced chemical engineering education and long-life learning, and
- Increasing the knowledge and technology base for chemical engineering applications bioprocess that supports the exploitation of sustainable natural resources.
New Student Admission Schedule
The new student exchange program admission schedule is the same as the new regular student admission schedule.
Period of study
The average study period of chemical engineering students is around 4 to 5 years.
Outcome Learning Program
- SK-01 Have faith the Almighty God and be able to show religious attitudes;
- SK-02 Uphold human values in carrying out credits based on religion, morals, and ethics;
- SK-03 Contribute to improving the quality of life in the community, nation, state, and progress of civilization based on Pancasila;
- SK-04 Acting as a citizen who is proud and loves the country has nationalism and a sense of responsibility in the country and nation;
- SK-05 Appreciate the diversity of cultures, views, religions, and beliefs, as well as the opinions or original findings of others;
- SK-06 Cooperate and have social sensitivity and concern for the community and the environment;
- SK-07 Obey the law and discipline in community and state life;
- SK-08 Internalizing academic values, norms, and ethics;
- SK-09 Demonstrate an attitude of responsibility for work in the field of expertise independently;
- SK-10 Internalizing the spirit of independence, struggle, and entrepreneurship.
- PP-01 Mastering the theoretical concepts of science-engineering (engineering sciences), engineering principles (engineering principles), and engineering design needed for the analysis and design of processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value;
- PP-02 Mastering natural science concepts and principles in applying engineering mathematics;
- PP-03 Mastering the design principles and techniques of processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value;
- PP-04 Mastering the latest principles and issues in the economy, social, ecology in general;
- PP-05 Mastering knowledge of communication techniques and the latest and latest technological developments.
- KK-01 Able to apply mathematics, science, and engineering principles to solve complex engineering problems in processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value (through physical, chemical and/or biology);
- KK-02 Able to find the source of engineering problems in processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value through the process of investigating, analyzing, interpreting data and information based on engineering principles;
- KK-03 Able to conduct research that includes identification, formulation, and analysis of engineering problems in processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value;
- KK-04 Able to form alternative solutions to solve complex engineering problems in processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value by paying attention to economic factors, public health, and safety, cultural, social and environmental (environmental consideration)
- KK-05 Able to design processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value with analytical support and consider technical standards, aspects of performance, reliability, ease of implementation, sustainability, and attention to economic, health and public safety factors, cultural, social and environmental;
- KK-06 Able to choose resources and utilize information technology and computational based engineering design and analysis tools that are suitable for carrying out engineering activities in the fields of processes, processing systems, and equipment needed to convert raw materials into products that have added value.
- KU-01 Able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of the development or implementation of science and technology that pays attention to and applies the values of humanities in accordance with their fields of expertise;
- KU-02 Able to demonstrate independent, quality and measurable performance;
- KU-03 Able to examine the implications of the development or implementation of technological science that pays attention to and applies the value of humanities in accordance with their expertise based on rules, procedures and scientific ethics in order to produce solutions, ideas, designs or art criticism;
- KU-04 Arrange a scientific description of the results of the study above in the form of a thesis or final assignment report, and upload it on the college page;
- KU-05 Able to make decisions appropriately in the context of solving problems in the field of expertise, based on the results of the analysis of information and data;
- KU-06 Able to maintain and develop networks with counselors, colleagues, colleagues both inside and outside the institution;
- KU-07 Able to be responsible for achieving the results of group work and supervising and evaluating the completion of work assigned to workers who are under their responsibility;
- KU-08 Able to carry out a self-evaluation process on work groups that are under their responsibility, and able to manage to learn independently;
- KU-09 Able to document, store, secure and rediscover data to ensure validity and prevent plagiarism.
Program taught in: