Do grand events and tight deadlines put you on the edge of your seat? Learn how to juggle all aspects of business events: planning, catering, logistics, technology, communications, budgeting and sponsorships!
Business4Events students get to participate in the organisation of projects for real business clients while simultaneously learning how to make the most of collaborations between different cultures. Add some international experience to your CV while studying at a partner university in the second year, and learn the tricks of the trade during a foreign internship in your final semester.
During the first year, our focus will be on building your event skills through courses such as Innovation Lab 4 Events, Discovery Lab 4 Events and Sound & Light Factory. On top of these mandatory courses, you choose a foreign language: German, French, Spanish, Chinese or Dutch.
In addition, you will continue to develop your general business skills through courses such as economics, business communication, entrepreneurial management, business fundamentals, business intelligence.
- Discovery Lab 4 Events (6 ECTS)
- Business Fundamentals (6 ECTS)
- Enterpreneurial management 1 (3 ECTS)
- Procurement & supply chain (3 ECTS)
- Business Communication (3 ECTS)
- Process & project management (3 ECTS)
- Digital Toolkit (3 ECTS)
- Foreign language (French, German, Chinese, Spanish or Dutch) (3 ECTS)
- Event management & planning (5 ECTS)
- Innovation lab 4 events (6 ECTS)
- Corporate & social events (3 ECTS)
- Sound & light factory (3 ECTS)
- Economics (3 ECTS)
- Business Intelligence Fundamentals (3 ECTS)
- Personal Development (3 ECTS)
- Business Game (3 ECTS)
- Foreign lanuage module 2 (3 ECTS)
The first semester of your second year focuses on management skills, financial management, entrepreneurship, and global consumer trends. During the 'International Project' course, second-year students go abroad to a dynamic city to analyze the local culture, work on a cross-border project and look at opportunities to organize a unique event abroad. In the second semester, we will focus on your core business: event management.
- Law 4 events ( 3ECTS)
- International Project (3 ECTS)
- Financial Management (6 ECTS)
- Sales (3 ECTS)
- Customer Ralations Management (3 ECTS)
- Management skills (3 ECTS)
- Ethical Manegerial problem-solving (4 ECTS)
- Intercultural communication (3 ECTS)
- Foreign Language module 3 (3 ECTS)
- 2nd foreign language (French, German, Chinese, Spanish or Dutch) (3 ECTS)
- Catering & Logistic management (3 ECTS)
- Advanced Experience Lab (6 ECTS)
- E-commerce & retailmarketing (3 ECTS)
- EU business topics (3 ECTS)
- Enterpreneurial management 2 (3 ECTS)
- Business Analytics (3 ECTS)
- Globalisation & International Marketing (3 ECTS)
- 2nd foreign language module 2 (3 ECTS)
Your third year consists of first-semester courses with a focus on practice and cases for real companies, followed by a traineeship during the second semester. During this 3-month internship, you will work on different event projects for real customers.
- International internship events (27 ECTS)
During the first year, the Discovery Lab 4 Events is your initial test to put the theoretical knowledge into practice. In the second year, you will get a taste of how events are conducted abroad. Finally, when you are on your internship during the final year you’ll get immersed in an entirely different environment. Where to go and what company to work for? The choice is entirely yours!
You can always count on personalized counseling and coaching at Thomas More. The programme managers Lieve Plasqui or Astrid Druyts will help you answer all of your questions related to your field of study. All questions related to your individual study program, exemptions or credits can be addressed to the study advisor Kristel Van Leuven.
Your lecturers as well will always be available to give advice or answer your questions. Don’t hesitate to contact them through e-mail.