Welcome to the Department of Business Administration
Since 1997, our department aims to train outstanding students who are equipped to meet the needs of the rapidly changing and globalizing economy and will become qualified managers and entrepreneurs.
We provide a continuously updated training program that enriches students' expertise in management, organization, marketing, production, finance and accounting, and strategic thinking skills. Experienced faculty members integrate universal theoretical knowledge with contemporary practical applications of business.
All courses are taught in English in the Business Administration program. Thanks to partnership agreements of our university, students are able to benefit from exchange programs in leading universities in the world. A significant number of foreign students taking part in these programs also spend part of their study in our department.
Graduates of our program have the skills and abilities to take an active role in fulfilling managerial responsibilities in business. They distinguish themselves with an awareness of new trends and state of the art technology in their fields.
Career opportunities exist in a wide range of fields including banking, human resources, marketing, sales, operations management and consulting.
We thank you for your interest in our program.
Information on the Institution
The program was founded in 1999.
Qualification Awarded/Level of Qualification
BA (6th Cycle) in Business Administration
Applicants should obtain the required scores from Transition to Higher Education Examination (YGS), First Cycle Placement Test (LYS/TM 1), and Direct Transfer Test (DGS). Placements are centrally organized by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). International students applying for the program must follow the admissions criteria determined by Kadir Has University. Students can transfer into the program by following Kadir Has University regulations on the basis concerning the horizontal transfer. (Further information: http://www.khas.edu.tr)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students can be exempted from some courses within the framework of the related bylaws. If the content of the course previously taken in another institution is equivalent to the course offered at Kadir Has University, then the student can be exempted from this course with the approval of the related faculty after the evaluation of the course content.
Students are required to successfully complete all courses in the curriculum accepted by the Senate (240 ECTS Credits) and have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00/4.00.
Definition of the Program
The main objective of Kadir Has University business administration department is to help students acquire the theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the business area that is contemporary and robust. In this vein, the graduates are trained to effectively adopt the skills that are frequently used in the professional life such as leadership, management, teamwork, communication; and find jobs which fit their aptitudes and desires in a wide range of industry, commerce and service sectors. Furthermore, it is aimed that the graduates become entrepreneur individuals with management knowledge and leadership capabilities who are always willing to learn, are in the search of a continuous development, are able to regard the events and the environment from macro and micro perspectives, are able to adapt to changes, are open to novelties, are able to work in collaboration with people from other disciplines, have high levels of problem solving capabilities, have universal virtues and can appreciate cultural differences.
- Learn to be a critical and independent thinker to question existing assumptions, practices and notions constructively.
- Earn a sufficient amount of knowledge of major concepts, theories, and applications in business administration and demonstrate in practice this earned knowledge.
- Manage business decision-making processes by using quantitative and qualitative tools and information technology.
- Evaluate how economic, legal, political, social, technical and competitive forces (local, regional, global) impact business practice.
- Use the English language proficiently in sharing knowledge and communicating professionally.
- Produce written documents (e.g. reports, exhibits, memos, etc.) that exhibit competence in content, organization, and clarity.
- Gain the ability to verbally present written documents in an effective manner in case of necessity.
- Formulate short- and long-term solutions to complex problems individually and in interdisciplinary teams using creative thinking, team building, and leadership skills.
- Recognize ethical matters in the conduct of business administration; observe social, scientific and professional codes of ethical conduct.
- Be aware of and appreciate other and others' cultures and respect individual and cultural differences; promote and celebrate diversity in the workplace.
- Adopt a philosophy of lifelong learning and self-renewal; develop the curiosity to explore other disciplines so that one can enjoy a sustainable development in personal, social, and professional matters/life.
- Practice good working habits, time management, and self-discipline.
- Grasp the importance and appreciation of volunteer work to give back to the society at large; begin volunteering as early as possible.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Graduates of the program will have an opportunity to work in a variety of settings but not limited to: the accounting, finance, production, human resources, sales, management and other departments of national and international firms, Institutions and organizations regulated by the government; non-governmental organizations.
Access to Further Studies
Students can apply for graduate studies in related programs.
Course and Instructor Evaluation Questionnaire Graduation Questionnaire Satisfaction Questionnaire
The purpose of the internship is to make students familiarize with the business environment and working conditions, and get on the job training. Every student should successfully complete at least 20 working days of internship in order to graduate from the Business Administration Department. Internships can only be done in semester periods or at the end of the academic year in summer. Students cannot do the internship in an academic semester while they are getting courses.
The company that the student will do the internship should be approved before the internship starts. Students should fill in the Compulsory Internship Form, have it signed by their academic advisors as well as the company, and deliver it to the Faculty Secretary together with 2 photos and a photocopy of their certificate of identification. Internships will not be valid unless the student takes out insurance for work accidents and occupational diseases.
At the end of the internship period, students should get approval from the company, have the Internship Evaluation Form signed, and return it to the Faculty Secretary. Internship commission will check the form, contact the company if needed, and inform the Student Affairs Department regarding approval (or disapproval) of the internship within a month. Students will be informed about the number of days of internship that is approved.
Program taught in: