Entry into the first study cycle of the 5-year CG animation course
Tuition language: French (minimum level recommended A2/B1)
The objectives are:
- to acquire a methodology that allows the students to carry school projects to successful outcomes from beginning to end;
- to gain both individual and team experience;
- to acquire the artistic and cinematographic fundamentals enabling students to successfully complete an animated film;
- to gain experience in the complete technical workflow from concept development to production of an animated short film.
Generally, the subjects studies are organized around four main strands:
- develop an artistic gaze, an understanding of form and shape, develop gestural/practical skills, be able to draw correctly form observation, develop one’s own visual language.
- introduce the notion of point of view, shot framing, filming, and editing.
- address narration through writing, mise en scene/staging and the language of film.
- be able to use technical tools in order to successfully complete one’s projects.
- address movement, rhythm and acting in order to breathe life into the characters we have created and made them believable.
First Year course content
Art: Drawing, plastic arts, modeling & sculpture, art history.
Cinema: the history of photography, the history of cinema, film analysis, introduction to storyboarding, photography, After-Effects, scriptwriting & storytelling.
Technical Skills: Photoshop, After Effects, introduction to 3D animation.
Animation: an introduction to basic principles of 2D animation, completion of a 2D stop-motion animation graduation project.
Second Year course content
Art: drawing, plastic arts, modeling & sculpture, film language, storyboarding, video, scriptwriting & storytelling.
Technical skills: After Effects, 3D animation, completion of a group project Didac’docs 3D-animated short film.
Animation: an introduction to basic animation principles, completion of a traditional stop motion project.
Third Year course content
The third year is oriented towards acquiring the 3D skills necessary for the production of a solo short film project. By making a one-minute short animated film, each student learns about the various phases of development: concept/story development, storyboarding, layout, visual development, and sound.
At the end of their three years, students progress to Study Cycle 2.
High school leaving certificate or equivalent. Tuition in French.
Applications for the September 2019 intake are now closed.
Applications open: December 2019
Next school year starts: September 2020
Entry requirements: an art portfolio and/or showreel to be uploaded, interview & entrance exam taken at a distance.