- Location: Lithuania, Klaipeda
- Type: Bachelor, full-time
- Nominal duration: 3 years (180 ECTS)
- Study language: English
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Business Management)
- Tuition fee: €1585
- Application fee: The Application fee for degree study programmes is for citizens of the EU member states or countries of the European Economic Area (Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Belarus, Armenia, and Azerbaijan), as well as those who have a permanent residence permit in the Republic of Lithuania: €55. For other students: €150. (Application fee is non-refundable).
- Application deadline: November 30/ June 30
- Studies commence February 2/ September 2
The study programme aims to prepare highly qualified professionals in the field of recreation and tourism with experience in recreation and tourism operations and services, ready to solve problems and to meet the demands of the customer, able to maintain and improve the quality of recreation and tourism services and to participate in the process of analysis, administration, planning, and management. The programme is oriented toward competencies in health tourism and e-tourism development.
On completion of the Bachelor's Degree Programme in Recreation and Tourism, Bachelor's degree in Business and Public Administration is awarded.
The structure of the curriculum
Recreation and Tourism Management; Tourism Structure; Tourism Geography; Recreation and Tourism Marketing; Recreation and Tourism Events; Economics of Recreation and Tourism; Hospitality Management and Administration; Tourism Investment Projects; Leadership and Change Management; Cultural Heritage; Recreation and Tourism Research; Excursion Arrangement and Guiding Methodology.
Graduates are able to work in tourism businesses, travel agencies, tourist information centers, recreation enterprises in resorts, in accommodation, entertainment, and health enterprises, national and regional parks, tourism and recreation administration and management departments in municipalities, and in tourism project administration and implementation. The specialisms of the programme focus on health tourism and e-tourism.
Why is the study programme attractive?
In 2016, all the study programmes of Recreation and Tourism were accredited with the highest scores for the maximum period.
In the Reitingai journal, bachelor's and master's degree programmes in Recreation and Tourism of Klaipėda University have by independent experts been ranked highest in Lithuania over the past few years.
The study programme boasts qualified academic and research staff; an opportunity to develop intercultural competencies is provided by inviting visiting professors from abroad to teach in the programme. Some of the courses can be taken by semi-distance learning.
The syllabi of the courses taught in the programme provide for close links between theory and practice. Classes are frequently given in tourism and recreation companies, and practitioners are invited to lectures and seminars
The structure of the programmes and the provided competences are inseparable from an active, dynamic, and interesting study process. The projects implemented during the studies include Trumpas kinas ] A Short Film], NeAtrasta.Lt [UnDiscovered.lt], Baidarė upėje [A Canoe on the River], etc
Flexible study programmes, a wide choice of courses. The bachelor's degree study programme was updated by developing specialisms of Health Tourism and e-Tourism.
Geographic accessibility and an attractive location for studies. Klaipėda University is a good choice for those wishing to study on the seacoast. Klaipėda is a maritime city and thus provides a wide range of activities for a specialist in recreation and tourism.
The structure of the bachelor's degree study programme in Recreation and Tourism forms the preconditions for the acquisition of a tour-guiding certificate.
Recreation and tourism go beyond the boundaries of one country, therefore our students are encouraged to make use of a large network of the University partners and go abroad to gain knowledge and experience. Students enjoy the opportunity to take part in academic exchange programmes (Erasmus+) and to do an internship in foreign countries
Students acquire additional social and civic competencies through non-academic activities: the Student Union, the Startup Lab Klaipėda Association, artistic groups, sports, etc.
Putinas Bielskis, Director General of UAB Krantas Travel
Do I believe in a dream job? Not really. But all of us have to listen to our hearts and minds and go forward using the acquired knowledge. I succeeded. I have never regretted having studied Recreation and Tourism at Klaipėda University. The studies were one of the reasons for the success of my career.
Why Klaipeda University?
- Unique by its scientific research and studies in the marine field
- European Union diploma recognized worldwide
- A wide range of programmes
- International studies in English
- Young and rapidly growing
- High-quality education for a reasonable price
- A member of the European Union
- 93,4% have a secondary education. The most educated nation in Europe
- 92% speak a foreign language (usually English, Russian or Germany)
- 94% of foreign students recommend studying in Lithuania