BSc Economics with Banking (Hons)
This programme will provide you with a rigorous grounding in economic theory, solid training in quantitative subjects. You will be offered the opportunity to gain subject-specific knowledge of behavior and practice of banks and other financial intermediaries and the place of the financial systems in the economy. You will also become aware of the effects of the rise of international finance on the financial system's stability and the issues of international regulation.
Direct entry to Year 2 and 3 is available for qualified applicants. Students on this programme may apply to participate in overseas exchanges with our Erasmus partners.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide a firm foundation of knowledge about the workings of actual economies and to underpin this with techniques in economic analysis using mathematical and econometric models and economic data
- To provide subject-specific knowledge of behavior and practice of banks, other financial intermediaries and the place of the financial system in the economy
- To provide you with the ability to understand the major debates in monetary economics.
Applicants should have:
300 UCAS points or equivalent
PLUS GCSEs at grade C or above in English and mathematics (or equivalent qualifications).
- Applicants who do not have English as their first language require IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent).
- We welcome applications from mature students and/or students with professional work backgrounds.
Students are assessed through exams, take-home tests, oral presentation, portfolio assignments, coursework.
Graduates in economics with banking can aspire to achieve many entry-level jobs in banking, finance, insurance, stock markets, sales, and marketing as well as corporations like consulting firms or government departments. They can also begin their career with government enterprises, public undertakings, investment firms, education, advertising, commercial management and research, business journals and newspapers.
Program taught in: