The BEng Telecommunications Engineering programme will offer you a thorough foundation in telecommunications. You will gain knowledge of design, implementation, testing and industrial application in the modern field of telecommunications, as well as operating at the cutting-edge of emerging technologies.
Why Should I Study Telecommunications Engineering At XJTLU?
- Study the electronics of wireless communications, optical communications, and beyond 3G technologies
- Use fully equipped telecommunication laboratories including integrated circuit design modules and power systems
- A wide range of optional modules gives you the opportunity to tailor the course to your own academic and research interests
- Study an up-to-date curriculum that incorporates the latest technological innovations and developments
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities.
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from the BEng Telecommunications Engineering programme, you will:
- have extensive experience in the application of modelling and analytical methods
- be able to use IT tools and computer-aided design systems for modelling, analysis, simulation and design
- be able to recognise the limitations of principles, models, analyses and methodologies
- be able to design a system, component or process based on initial requirements and constraints.
Modules: Year One
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Modules: Year Two
Modules: Year Three
Modules: Year Four
Choose from the following:
Graduates of the BEng Telecommunications Engineering programme find employment in areas such as the design and development of telecommunication technologies or the maintenance and upgrade of current telecommunications infrastructure. The programme will also provide a sound basis for further studies at masters and PhD levels.
Program taught in: