The BEng Electrical Engineering programme will equip you with a fundamental understanding of electrical engineering theory and the ability to solve engineering problems relating to power generation, transmission, distribution, control, protection and consumption. The programme blends the fundamentals of electrical engineering and electronics in Year Two, with more specialist knowledge in the following two years.
Why Should I Study Electrical Engineering At XJTLU?
- Labs specifically designed for the electrical engineering degree
- Exceptionally low student to workstation ratio (1:3) that gives you the opportunity to perform individual experiments using cutting-edge technology
- Field trips to power stations in Suzhou and surrounding cities
- Partnerships with companies such as Littlefuse and REenergy Electric (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Earn two degrees: an XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and a globally recognised degree from the University of Liverpool, a member of the Russell Group of leading UK universities
Knowledge and skills
By the time you graduate from BEng Electrical Engineering, you will:
- have acquired a thorough understanding of the fundamentals of electrical and electronic engineering
- possess knowledge and skills in mathematics, software engineering, design and management
- possess transferable analytical, problem solving, communications, teamwork and project management skills
Modules: Year One
UK degrees are three years long whereas in China they are four, therefore we do accept students with certain qualifications directly into Year Two, which is the start of the main academic programme. Most students, however, enter into Year One, which provides you with a range of interesting modules, language classes and core skills for your degree.
Modules: Year Two
Modules: Year Three
Modules: Year Four
BEng Electrical Engineering graduates can find employment as electrical engineers, control and instrumentation engineers, electronic engineers or process engineers. The programme's quantitative and transferable skills also equip you for a wide variety of roles in other sectors related to electronic science and technology and telecommunications engineering.
The programme also provides a sound basis for further studies at masters and PhD levels in electrical engineering or renewable energy technology.
Program taught in: