Offered By: Colangelo College of Business
Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Business Information Systems
As technology continues to advance, the need for individuals with skills in information systems continues to increase. Those individuals with professional experience with technological systems in addition to leadership skills and business knowledge will have a competitive edge in today’s job market. Grand Canyon University’s Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems degree, offered through the Colangelo College of Business, provides you with those skills, preparing you for a career in the management of technology and information systems.
In the B.S. in business information systems degree program, you take courses from the Colangelo College of Business and the College of Science, Engineering and Technology to complete your interdisciplinary degree. Examine business degree topics, including management, accounting, economics, statistics, and marketing, while also studying technology degree topics, including programming, principles of database management, networking, IT project management and ethical considerations related to IT governance.
Focus on Business Information Systems
The business information systems program features a core of major and emphasis courses. This cross-disciplinary program combines topics from our information technology degree and our business degree to create a unique program that gives you the opportunity to blend your passion for technology with your leadership skills.
What You Will Learn
Study Coursework to Take Your Career to the Next Level
Specific topics you explore in the business information systems program include:
- Marketing mix and concepts
- Microeconomic, macroeconomic and international economics topics
- Foundation for programming and problem solving using computer programming
- Accounting cycle and the construction of financial statements
- Fundamentals of networks and networking in IT
- Use of managerial accounting data in the decision-making process
- Practical application of descriptive and inferential statistics in business
- System administration and maintenance as well as platform technologies
- Individual and group behavior in organizations through detailed coverage of the functions of management
- General survey of financial institutions
- Fundamentals of relational databases and their application in business
- Basic principles of network technologies and systems administration
- Information technology project management
- Key aspects of information systems development within the context of business information systems
- Object-oriented programming
- The role of governance and ethics within information technology
- Integrating different systems and software applications
- Centrality of business information systems in improving enterprise strategy
Prepare for a Career Managing Technology and Information Systems
With a Bachelor of Science in Business Information Systems degree, you will be prepared to pursue a career as a computer systems analyst, database administrator, network and computer systems administrator or computer and information systems manager.
Join Grand Canyon University’s vibrant and growing campus community, with daytime classes designed for traditional students. Immerse yourself in a full undergraduate experience, complete with a curriculum designed within the context of our Christian worldview. New modern classrooms, suite-style residence halls, popular dining options, resort-style swimming pools and a focus on creating a dynamic student life make G.C.U. a top choice for high school graduates and transfer students. Exciting events, well-known guest speakers, and Division I athletics round out the traditional student experience. Our welcoming campus community is the perfect place to find your purpose.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. G.C.U. offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
Program taught in: